Join us for the Delta Hawks Cross Country Kick Off on Sunday, August 11 at 3:00pm at the Bridgeway Lakes Boat House. Learn more about cross country, meet our coaches and participate in some fun running activities including out exciting "Otter Pop Relays".
WHAT IS CROSS COUNTRY AND WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT THIS CROSS COUNTRY SEASON?
The Delta Hawks Youth Racing Team started with a mission to develop the next generation of confident and competitive distance runners in the Delta Region and we are off to an amazing start. Our athletes have gained strength, knowledge and have produced race results that have captured the attention of the local running community. More importantly, this team has come together as a community of athletes, parents and families that are committed to great experiences for our kids right here in West Sacramento and Clarksburg.
The fall season means cross country and that means our teams start to compete on a team level. Cross Country is racing over open-terrain (grass, dirt, pavement, mud, hills and snow). Distances for our young Hawks range from 1.2-miles to 4k (2.49 miles). Our goal will be to qualify as many teams and individuals to the USATF Junior Olympic National Championships in Madison, WI next December.
Here are the Age Group Breakdowns:
DOB Years dictate Age Group
AG1: 8 & Under - DOB 2011+ | 1.25 miles
AG2: 9/10 - DOB 2009-2010 | 1.4 - 1.86 miles
AG3: 11 - 12 - DOB 2007-2008 | 1.4 - 1.86 miles
AG4: 13 - 14 - DOB 2005-2006 | 1.4 - 2.49 miles
Here is the tentative Cross Country Schedule:
- Sun, Aug 11 - First Delta Hawks for Practice
- Sat, Sep 7 - Lagoon Valley Classic (Vacaville)
- Sat, Sep 14 - Josh Ruff Memorial Invitational (Folsom)
- Saturday, Sep 28 - Capital Cross Challenge (Sacramento)
- Fri, Oct. 11 - SRA Youth Meet # 1 (Sacramento)
- Wed. Oct 16 - HOKA ONE ONE Postal Nationals - Track 1-mile (Sacramento)
- Fri. Oct 26 - SRA Youth Meet # 2 (Sacramento)
- Sun, Nov 17 - PA USATF Association Junior Olympic Championships (Location TBD)
- Sun, Nov 24 - USATF Regional Junior Olympic Championships (Location TBD)
- Sat, Dec. 7 - USATF Junior Olympic National Cross Country Championships (Madison, WI)